Website BDO UK LLP
This Job Listing is about BDO UK LLP in Manchester,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high‑growth businesses that fuel the economy – and the owners and management teams that lead them.
We’ll broaden your horizons
The Business Services and Outsourcing team are essential to meeting our clients’ evolving requirements. As well as delivering long-term, sustainable value to businesses by providing a range of solutions such as accounting, payroll and compliance services, they also play a key role in tying together many of our services across BDO both domestically and internationally. By building deep and meaningful relationships with a range of clients from ambitious entrepreneurial SMEs to large multi-national groups, our BS&O team don’t just advise on their specific business challenges, they open doors for other teams to provide our firm’s wider service offering. To succeed in this agile environment, you’ll need to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills and initiative. In return, you’ll have the opportunity for progression, and the chance to develop in one of the industry’s most exciting and varied roles.
We’ll help you succeed
In this role you will work closely with a portfolio of clients, maintaining strong relationships and ensuring their payrolls are processed accurately and in a timely manner. You will use your knowledge of payroll software to respond to client queries and HMRC correspondence enquiries, as well assisting senior members of the team with all aspects of payroll. You will:
- Ensure all starters, leavers, benefits and allowances information is entered on to the Payroll database and update the relevant spreadsheet to record all entries made
- Complete key calculations such as statutory payments and leavers pay.
- Core administration functions such as processing of P45 forms, payslip production and distribution and completion of return of expenses and benefits forms P11D and P11D(b).
- Reporting – Running payroll reports, upload FPS and EPS reports to HMRC as required.
- Ensure monthly salary payment for client payrolls are transferred to the correct accounts.
- Upload FPS and EPS reports to HMRC as required.
- Be aware of and comply with the firm’s policies at all times
- Record time accurately using the Practice Management System
- Any other duties appropriate to the grade and level of responsibility of this post, for which the post holder has the necessary experience and/or training
- Be aware of the firm’s risk management and practice assurance procedures and ensure compliance
- Ensure continuing professional development is up to date at all times
- location: Manchester/Glasgow
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone;
- Who is studying towards a professional qualification or possesses commensurate professional experience (Qualification with the CIPP in terms of either a National Payroll Certificate or Year 1 of the Foundation Degree in Payroll Management completed, or equivalent, is highly desirable)
- An understanding of current PAYE and NIC legislation that affects payroll.
- Has developed ‘on-the-job’ knowledge of the technical procedures and application for own subject area, gained through experience
- Makes judgement by selecting between pre-defined solutions to ensure accuracy and quality of the tasks executed
- Who is able to multi-task and prioritise payroll workload, whilst assisting other team members when required.
We’re in it together
Mutual support and respect is one of BDO’s core values and we’re proud of our distinctive, people-centred culture. From informal success conversations to formal mentoring and coaching, we’ll support you at every stage in your career, whatever your personal and professional needs.
We can provide the best support for our clients and people when we’re working side by side. Our agile working framework helps us stay connected, bringing teams together where and when it counts so they can share ideas and help one another. At BDO, you’ll always have access to the people and resources you need to do your best work.
We know that collaboration is the key to creating value for our clients and satisfying experiences at work, so we’ve invested in state-of-the-art collaboration spaces in our offices. BDO’s people represent a wealth of knowledge and expertise, and we’ll encourage you to build your network, work alongside others, and share your skills and experiences. With a range of multidisciplinary events and dedicated resources, you’ll never stop learning at BDO.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we help entrepreneurial businesses to succeed, fuelling the UK economy.
Our success is powered by our people, which is why we’re always finding new ways to invest in them. Across 17 UK locations, we are 6,500 unique minds coming together to help our clients reach their ambitions.
We’ve got a clear purpose, and we’re confident in our future, because we’re adapting and evolving to build on our strengths, ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. We shape the future together with openness and clarity, because we believe in empowering people to think creatively about how we can do things better.