Website Balfour Beatty Kilpatrick
This Job Listing is about Balfour Beatty Kilpatrick in Seascale,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
About the role
Amazing infrastructure isn’t the only thing that gets built here. Incredible careers do too. Join our Balfour Beatty Kilpatrick team as a Quality Engineer on the PPP Framework @ Sellafield and you can build something to be proud of here.
What you’ll be doing
As a/an Quality Engineer, you will have the following accountabilities:
- To provide functional leadership to business stream quality resources.
- Lead on HVAC & Mechanical works
- Ensure all QA deliverables are met, and a right first-time approach implemented on the project
- Working with PPP partners to develop Quality Management System (QMS) arrangements for the framework ensuring full compliance with Sellafield Contractors Quality Manual SLM 4.06.02.
- The QMS will ensure the safe, predictable and reliable delivery of Projects, Products and Services through quality control, assurance, verification and validation activities.
- Ensuring the QMS is developed to ensure PPP always meets customer requirements.
- Ensuring appropriate legislation is implemented the primary legislation includes Office for Nuclear Regulation licence condition handbook. Office for Nuclear Regulation Technical Assessment Guide (TAG077). International Atomic Energy Agency Safety Standards.
- Ensuring ISO 9001 and supplementary project specific requirements are incorporated into the project quality management system.
- Working with design and construction teams to ensure quality through design and construction is captured within technical documents.
- Ensuring information management and records retention meet nuclear security requirements e.g., LTR records.
- Develop and approve all project quality system documents including an audit schedule.
- Ensuring Business Management System, Gated Life Cycle and other governance control processes are followed and implemented.
- Ensuring audit actions are assessed for trends and actions put in place to prevent reoccurrence.
- Ensuring supply chain Quality Management arrangements are in place that satisfy project quality requirements e.g., ensuring quality grading requirements are incorporated into sub-contract orders and these are effectively administered into the delivery of the works as per SLM 4.06.02.
- Ensure effective supplier surveillance activities are implemented in accordance with approved supplier inspection and test plan.
- Supporting external accreditation process (including ISO9001 and industry licences).
- Undertaking investigations and implement effective root cause analysis where applicable
Who we’re looking for
You will have the following:
- Substantial practical experience in quality management in the nuclear industry.
- HVAC or Mechanical experience
- Quality subject matter expertise and proven track record in Quality Management.
- The ability to provide Quality leadership.
- A formal qualification in Quality Management e.g., Diploma in Quality Management (UK Chartered Quality Institute, British Standards Institute or equivalent).
- Preferably trained ISO 9001 Lead Auditor and/or Internal Auditor.
- Either a CQI Member or working towards membership.
- Working knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty Kilpatrick (BBK) is a market leading mechanical, electrical, plumbing (MEP) and mechanical, electrical and instrumentation (ME&I) solutions provider with over 100 years of engineering expertise.
We design, install and maintain the systems that make building infrastructure work. Emphasising environmentally efficient technologies, digital construction and offsite manufacturing, our experienced teams deliver high quality solutions across the following sectors: Aviation, Buildings, Civils, Defence, Energy and New Build Nuclear.
At Balfour Beatty we are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential, not only because this is the right thing to do, but because it makes us a better business. To ensure we deliver on this commitment, we have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan which sets out the wide range of targeted, proactive, measurable steps we are taking to make this a reality. You can read our UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan in full at www.balfourbeatty.com/value_everyone
To help and support us with our desired commitment to create an inclusive culture we are members of WISE, enei, Business Disability Forum and Women into Construction. In 2020, we signed the Audeliss and Involve Open Letter to demonstrate our commitment to taking key long term and sustainable actions on Black Inclusion. Balfour Beatty is also a Gold Award holder in the Ministry of Defence ‘Employer Recognition Scheme’ and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to working with people who have disabilities and long-term health conditions to remove barriers for them in obtaining employment. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Further information on Disability Confident can be found at: https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/