Website Babcock International Group
This Job Listing is about Babcock International Group in Plymouth,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
Job Title: (SLTP) Project Support
Location: Bristol, UK – Hybrid – Working from home options available
Compensation: £39,408-£44,044 + benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF 46147
Amplify your impact
At Babcock we’re working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a (SLTP) Project Support at our Babcock Technology Centre site.
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers’ defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation and flexibility.
The (SLTP) Project Support role is based within our Submarines business area.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
The difference our new (SLTP) Project Support will make
As a (SLTP) Project Support, you’ll have a role that’s out of the ordinary where you’ll directly support Babcock and the customer and allow the organisation to optimise investment and maximise operation availability of submarines.
Day to day, you’ll set up meetings, pull together project plans and assist project controls staff with their work. P6 scheduling, supporting financial also and project admin and support
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you’ll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met. This role provides hybrid working arrangements with 3 days in the office/onsite and 2 days working from home.
- Project support background including some experience of finance, scheduling and/or contracting.
- Current experience or willingness to learn Primera P6 scheduling and cost management tools and techniques
- Strong MS Office skills, Excel and PowerPoint essential
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills
- Some experience in management and analysing data, including using MS Excel to support this
- Good relevant academic or vocational background
- You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving ‘Security Check’ (SC) clearance.
What We Offer
Generous benefits including:
- Generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays
- Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme – save tax and national insurance on shares, with 1 free share per 10 purchased
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Employment development allowance – £125 per year
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reward and Recognition Scheme linked to Health and Safety
- Working from home and flexible work patterns
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts and our Share Ownership Scheme
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant . If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone’s free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working – please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 03/10/2022