Website Babcock International Group
This Job Listing is about Babcock International Group in Helensburgh,Scotland,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
Job Title: Commercial Manager
Location: Faslane, Helensburgh, UK – Hybrid – working from home options available
Compensation: Up to £60,000 (DoE) + 15 % Bonus + benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF 45561
Creating change together
At Babcock we’re working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Commercial Manager at our Clyde site.
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers’ defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation and flexibility
The Commercial Manager is based within our HMNB Clyde business area.
As the Ministry of Defence’s commercial partner at HMNB Clyde, Babcock provides specialist engineering support services, including the management of infrastructure and nuclear facilities. We also deliver operational maintenance, upgrades and repairs to support Royal Navy vessels, including the Vanguard and Astute-Class nuclear submarines.
The difference our new Commercial Manager will make
As a Commercial Manager, you’ll play a key part in supporting the business deliver infrastructure works and upgrades to the naval base and improve the resilience and reliability in the naval base facilities as well as the lived experience of RN personnel on site.
Day to day, you will be responsible for a small team that will provide everyday commercial management of Babcock’s infrastructure delivery / programme of works under a ‘Qualifying Defence Contract (QDC) contract with the MoD. You will act as the lead commercial interface with both internal Babcock stakeholders as well as the customer and other outside agencies/organisations.
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you’ll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met. This role requires regular travel to Clyde (typically 2 times a month) alongside home working arrangements.
- Commercial experience in robust management of large and complex contracts, bids and change initiatives in a regulated environment.
- Demonstrable evidence of developing effective customer relationships and confident at negotiating independently within agreed delegations.
- Ability to effectively lead and develop a team.
- Ability to identify commercial risks, propose steps to mitigate, and communicate effectively.
- Working knowledge of MoD contract terms is highly desirable
What We Offer
Generous benefits including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus bank holidays
- Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Working from home and flexible work patterns
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts and our Share Ownership Scheme
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone’s free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working – please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.