This Job Listing is about aramco in England,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
Please note that this role is based in Saudi Arabia on a permanent, residential basis.
Job Req ID: 6098
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world’s largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco’s value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking a geoscience solutions developer to join Geologic & Interpret Applications Division of Exploration Applications Services Department.
The Geologic & Interpret Applications Division (GIAD) core responsibilities include support of a large user base in Exploration with wide range of geoscience applications, technologies and solutions spanning the whole upstream spectrum from Exploration to Development. As Oil and Gas exploration and reservoir development in Saudi Arabia has moved to higher levels of complexity and more challenging frontiers, GIAD is committed as ever to acquire and develop state of the art technologies and to hire the best-in-class geoscientists to meet the growing energy demand and achieving net zero emissions by 2060 as strategized by the 2030 vision of Saudi Arabia.
As a geoscience solutions developer working in GIAD, you will be involved in developing workflows that integrates multidisciplinary upstream data utilizing mainstream G&G software platforms, such as SIS Petrel and Landmark DecisionSpace Geoscience (DSG). You will work closely with exploration and development geologists, geophysicists, geo-modelers, and petrophysicists leveraging an in-depth experience in industry-leading Geological and Geophysical (G&G) software to conduct advanced basin and reservoir characterization studies.
You will be required to perform the following:
- Work collaboratively with geoscientists to conduct exploration and reservoir characterization studies
- Develop advanced geoscience workflows and solutions incorporating multi-disciplinary data to discover, delineate, and develop oil and gas bearing reservoirs with maximum return of investment
- Apply best practices to achieve collaborative disciplined and well-governed work environment
- Develop, extend, integrate and support cutting edge technologies and solutions and constantly develop expertise in predominantly evolving areas of research
- Continue to acquire know-how and expand knowledge of specialized geoscience software aiming to build most accurate subsurface models in the least turnaround time possible thus reducing cost significantly
- Adopt and apply IR.4, AI, and DL techniques to automate iterative and laborious tasks and workflows wherever possible
- Develop and deliver customized geoscience training, in specialized areas including basin modeling, geomechanics, rock physics, quantitative and pre-stack seismic interpretation, inversion and advanced seismic attributes
As a successful candidate, you:
- Will hold a Bachelor’s degree in Geology or Geophysics or computer and data sciences. An MSc or PhD degree in geosciences or computer/data sciences is also desirable
- Have at least 7 years of recent industry experience working on geoscience projects, studies, operations and solutions development
- Have an intensive knowledge in a wide range of geological and geophysical disciplines such as exploration basin modeling, play analysis, prospect generation, reservoir development and characterization, sedimentology and stratigraphy, structural geology, petroleum system analysis and other geoscience-related disciplines. Specialization in few sub disciplines is advantageous
- Are fully familiar with geoscience data management for structured and unstructured data and various industry standard formats including evolving new trends pertaining to cloud computing such as OSDU
- Are expert in handling, customizing and automating operational workflows with evident working experience in building subroutines and applications built-in scripts for various geoscience workflows such as seismic and well data conditioning and interpretation, optimized well trajectory design, and 3D modeling
- Are familiar with latest and cutting edge geoscience industry trends including IR4.0 use cases and applications. You should have attended and preferably got certified in data science, machine/ deep learning with hands-on experience in commanding and building solutions revolving around it. Expertise in utilizing geoscience software development kits and APIs is highly preferable
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world’s biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs – one of the largest in the world.