This Job Listing is about Howdens in Lewes,England,UnitedKingdom 2022
About the job
Supply Chain Warehouse Operative Apprenticeship – Apprentice Warehouse Person
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can earn while you learn? Do you want to be part of an incredible team working towards a common goal, providing excellent service to our customers?
At Howdens we invest in our people and provide thorough on the job training and excellent career progression opportunities, reflected in our placement at Number 17 in the Top 100 Apprenticeship Employers table 2022.
We are proud of our substantial growth with over 780 depots nationwide and remain committed to success through the expansion of our local depot network. Despite its scale, Howdens remains a local business with traditional values and we are seeking talented people to help us continue to grow our business.
At Howdens we operate an ‘in stock’ business through all our depots. Our Warehouse Person is responsible for effective stock maintenance, compliance with strict health and safety regulations and high standards of customer service.
- Deal with customers in a courteous, professional, and knowledgeable way.
- Maintain general housekeeping duties within the warehouse including stock rotation, cleanliness, tidiness and compliance with Health & Safety guidelines.
- Carry out security and compliance checks on all incoming stock and outgoing orders while adhering to stock management guidelines to ensure accuracy.
- Carry out daily checks on the forklift truck and other mechanical equipment and report all defects to the Depot Manager.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work using own initiative
- Good communication skills
- Planning and organising skills
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- A desire for continuous personal and professional development
- Supply Chain Warehouse Operative Level 2 – Intermediate Apprenticeship
- Training provided by in house Learning & Development Team
- Support from external training provider
- 15 Month programme including minimum 12 month learning period plus end point assessment
- Apprentices without Level 1 English and maths will need to achieve this level and take the test for Level 2 English and maths prior to taking the end-point assessment and completing the apprenticeship
In return for your hard work and commitment you will be rewarded with some great benefits, which include:
- £15,000 salary
- Paid holiday entitlement
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Team incentives and outings
- Staff discount on Howdens products
Warehouse Operatives work in a variety of warehouse environments. Work activities include taking deliveries, checking for damaged/missing items, storing goods, moving stock by various methods, picking/packing orders, loading goods for dispatch, maintaining stock records and documentation, and cleaning. They are required to safely use a range of equipment, machinery and vehicles, as relevant to their role and setting. This could include mechanical racking systems, materials handling equipment (MHE) or fork lift trucks.
Warehouse Operatives communicate with a wide range of people and customers. They have a passion to meet customers’ expectations by providing a quality service that encourages repeat business. Individuals in this role are highly competent in using industry-recognised systems and associated services (eg Traffic/Warehouse Management Systems) and will be able to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
Why work for us?
Howdens Joinery, a trade only business with over 780 depots, has built a reputation that builders can trust through offering best local price and providing product from local stock. Our unbeatable service and product has led to us becoming a market leader, which is why we were awarded the Royal Warrant of Appointment to Her Majesty the Queen 2015 for our quality and excellence.
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Lewes,England,UnitedKingdom
Application Deadline: N/A