This listing is about Amiqus in Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
About the job
Security Analyst / IT Administrator
Full time – Remote with occasional visits to Edinburgh HQ
Salary from £35-40K + benefits
- We support fully remote, hybrid and in person collaborative working with flexible hours.
- Access our HQ in Edinburgh / workspaces around the UK with team off sites every six months.
- A strong cross functional (pet friendly) environment working in small teams with autonomy, delivering impactful and challenging work.
- Private medical cover, life assurance, income protection, critical illness cover and other options.
- 12 paid personal development days per year with additional personal training budget and resources allocated to help you learn and grow.
- Pension contribution, share options and company bonus scheme for all roles
Amiqus is a market leading compliance platform enabling simple, secure access to products and services online. Whether moving home, changing jobs or looking for professional help, we help make the process fast and easy for everyone involved.
We’re trusted by the Government, NHS and hundreds of companies across sectors to help people get to work on the things that matter, faster. It’s an exciting time to join us as we’re growing quickly across sectors (although not at all costs). We care a lot about our people, working sustainably and using business as a force for good to deliver long term value.
About the role
Working within the Operations’ function , this role will lead the implementation, development and maintenance of Amiqus’ approach to IT security. This is a truly diverse role where no two days are the same, to think creatively outside of the box when it comes to information security at Amiqus. This role will be a mixture of IT security and IT administration, so it would be perfect for someone who is looking to learn and grow their IT career whilst on the job. Perhaps someone who is already in an IT admin role and wishes to progress their career into security.
Main responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with management and internal teams to continuously improve our approach to security and business incident response
- Engaging with external penetration testing providers to organise and assist the Engineering function with annual application testing
- Application security: work with our engineering team to assist in identifying areas where improvements could be made in line with methodologies like OWASP Top 10
- Facilitate training for new and existing employees in security and various systems used internally as and when required
- Manage governance activities and security policies to maintain assurance certifications (ISO27001 and Cyber Essentials Plus) and compliance with contractual obligations
- Implementing security improvements to ensure that the business stays up to date with the latest recommended security guidelines
- Company-wide approach to information security, data protection and cyber security, ensuring the business stays up to date with latest regulatory standards.
- Incident response across all areas and continuously finding ways to improve the approach to incident response and reporting
- Conduct internal security audits
- Hardware management (review and maintain specs for devices and accessories, distribution and management of devices using an asset register, first point of contact for hardware support)
- Software management (manage record of all licences and access levels, new start inductions for general systems, ownership/admin for company-wide systems including 1Password, Google Workspace, antivirus and VPN
- Support Client facing function with due diligence requirements
- Supporting with risk assessment, management and analysis
Talented people make Amiqus and staying true to our culture is important as we continue to develop and grow. Most importantly, this role will be filled by someone who shares the same values and work ethic as we do.
We’re looking for someone who is in the early stages of their cyber security career and is looking to push themselves to the next level. This is an autonomous role that includes some collaboration and support from the wider operations and engineering team therefore this role requires someone who isn’t afraid to stand on their own two feet and roll their sleeves up. It would be a great opportunity for someone with 1-2 years experience in IT administration/security who is looking for growth.
In addition, we are are looking for the following:
- At least 1 to 2 years experience in a similar Security Analyst or IT Admin role with a scaling company would be beneficial
- Good understanding of security best practices for cloud first organisations
- Knowledge of incident management processes and previous experience implementing a similar strategy would be a bonus
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to deliver security training effectively internally and externally
- Experience supporting cloud based platforms including technologies and services
If this is you, apply now!
Job Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A