Website Alpha Schools
This listing is about Alpha Schools in High Wycombe, England, United Kingdom
About the job
We are looking for a HR Executive to join our forward-thinking organisation. You will be working for one of the largest UK independent school operators, taking responsibility for HR across both the schools and Head Office.
About Alpha Schools
Alpha Schools was founded in 2003 and has quietly grown to be one of the largest operators of independent schools in the UK.
Unusually, we like to keep a low profile as we believe that each school should retain its own distinct character and history, rather than simply becoming part of a corporate homogeny. For this reason you will find little online about Alpha Schools.
About the Role
You will be working as part of the dedicated Operations Team for Alpha Schools;
• Managing the recruitment for schools and Head Office, including preparing job adverts, shortlisting, arranging interviews
• Ensure school and Head Office undertake all necessary employment checks including DBS, Right to Work, references
• Prepare offer letters, contracts, welcome packs
• Assist payroll with new starters and pay reviews
• Maintain Head Office personnel files in line with data protection requirements
• Provide advice on HR procedures with the support from our HR consultants, escalating more complex issues to the Head of Operations
• Monitor sickness and absence of staff
• Assist in formal meetings, such as disciplinaries and grievances
• Contribute to the production and distribution of the Staff Handbook
• Administer, promote and track usage of the Group’s staff benefit scheme
• Championing employee health and wellbeing across the group
• Attend all safeguarding training as required
• Understand and apply Keeping Children Safe in Education guidelines in all aspects of the recruitment process
• Two years of experience of working in HR
• CIPD qualified
• Experience of working in an administrative role
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Team player with superb collaboration and communication skills
• Take responsibility for own work load to ensure deadlines are met
• Highly organised with attention to detail to accuracy
• Driving license desirable
Due to the nature of the role and the sector within which we work, we are looking for a candidate who can be office based (as opposed to remote working).
Contract Type: Full-Time, Monday to Thursday, 8:30am-5:30pm, and Friday, 8:30am-4:00pm.
Benefits: Wellness Programme, Life Assurance, On-Site Parking, Company Pension, early finish on Fridays.
Salary: up to £30,000
Immediate Start Available
Alpha Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants for all jobs will undergo appropriate child-protection screening including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check to enhanced level, costs covered by the company. Alpha Schools is an equal opportunities employer.
Company: Alpha Schools
Job Location: High Wycombe, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A