This Job Listing is about Airbus in Stevenage,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
Every year we look for university graduates from around the world to join Airbus. We need people with the aspiration, enthusiasm and the talent to help us move forward and to change the world and deliver our vision to pioneer sustainable aerospace for a safe and united world.
When you begin your career with us, we accelerate your development through our Airbus Global Graduate Experience. You are part of a 2 year programme where you develop your professional skills, build your networks, locally and internationally, and gain a unique perspective on the world of Airbus. You are part of a global community, so we bring you together once a year for a global graduate conference where you meet your peers, hear from our leaders and learn from the best.
We are hiring the graduates we need to fill the critical roles for our future.
By the end of the programme, our aim is that you are ready to progress, having already demonstrated your value. You will have developed your skills in an area that is strategically important for Airbus, you will know about the Airbus business, the opportunities, challenges and needs, and you will have learned more about yourself, and what makes you great.
Above all you will have the opportunity to do your best work in an industry that is literally reshaping how we live in our world.
If you are ready to join and be part of this journey please apply below.
Who You Will Be Joining
The Future Projects NEO department in Earth Observation and Science is responsible for assessing the feasibility of future UK military and security missions/programmes. The department carries out all early phase studies for the UK MoD and the wider UK government.
What You Will Be Doing
- Working with a small team and also being able to identify potential innovative technical approaches and maintain balance with preferred customer solutions.
- Working on proposals, typically to Dstl or other UK MoD agencies, and subsequent development of overall mission/systems design in feasibility studies for future space missions.
- Generating new mission concepts
- System performance modelling
- Development of mission and spacecraft designs
- Contributing to proposals and R&D activities
- Carrying out customer studies e.g. for Dstl
- The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
What We Look For
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent within a relevant field of study
- Maximum of three years relevant work experience
- Strong verbal and written communication in our business language (English)
- A desire to work in a collaborative team environment, focused on driving future innovation
- The ability to be self aware and a wish to be in the driving seat of your development.
What you will need to apply
- Physics, Mathematics, Aerospace Engineering or other relevant discipline
- MSc or PhD in relevant discipline preferred but not essential
Specific Experience Or Interests
- Strong problem solving skills
- Good analytical approach, logical thinker
- Ability to think at systems level and to look at problems from first principles
- Ability to lead a small team, good team player
- Good customer facing skills
- Previous involvement with military studies is preferred but not essential
Please ensure that a cover letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
Please note, we love your interest in working for Airbus but we do ask that you make only one application to the Airbus Global Graduate Programme. We encourage you to take time to decide which of our exciting opportunities is right for you and then submit an application that best represents you, your skills and experience in connection with the role you have selected.
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments for the selection process – you can share this with the Recruitment Business Partner who gets in touch if you are invited to interview. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; auxiliary aids; room layout etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The Job Posting will be open until the 18th of October 2022. Please note that depending on the number of applicants the posting can be taken offline earlier or be kept open longer. If you are interested we would advise you to apply as soon as possible.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
AIRBUS Defence and Space Limited
Graduate Programme (UK)
Entry Level / Débutant / Anfänger / Recién titulado
Chief Engineering & Architecture
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Airbus is, and always has been, committed to equal opportunities for all. As such, we will never ask for any type of monetary exchange in the frame of a recruitment process. Any impersonation of Airbus to do so should be reported to [email protected]
At Airbus, we support you to work, connect and collaborate more easily and flexibly. Wherever possible, we foster flexible working arrangements to stimulate innovative thinking.