This Job Listing is about Airbus in Stevenage,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
Every year we look for university graduates from around the world to join Airbus. We need people with the aspiration, enthusiasm and the talent to help us move forward and to change the world and deliver our vision to pioneer sustainable aerospace for a safe and united world.
When you begin your career with us, we accelerate your development through our Airbus Global Graduate Experience. You are part of a 2 year programme where you develop your professional skills, build your networks, locally and internationally, and gain a unique perspective on the world of Airbus. You are part of a global community, so we bring you together once a year for a global graduate conference where you meet your peers, hear from our leaders and learn from the best.
We are hiring the graduates we need to fill the critical roles for our future. By the end of the programme, our aim is that you are ready to progress, having already demonstrated your value. You will have developed your skills in an area that is strategically important for Airbus, you will know about the Airbus business, the opportunities, challenges and needs, and you will have learned more about yourself, and what makes you great. Above all you will have the opportunity to do your best work in an industry that is literally reshaping how we live in our world. If you are ready to join and be part of this journey please apply below.
What You Will Be Doing
You will be on a development pathway to prepare you to be a Materials and Process Engineer and can expect to be involved in the following;
- Working with a group of Material Specialist Engineers, who provide technical solutions to materials related problems, related to the manufacture of spacecraft.
- Assist in defining the qualification of materials for various spacecraft mission specific requirements.
- Help in the research of new materials and processes to improve performance for future applications.
- You will fully use your knowledge of metallic and non-metallic material properties, and be expected to develop your understanding on how materials perform in a space environment (radiation, thermal, vacuum).
- Working within a team or individually, you will communicate with people at all levels – Shop Floor, Project Teams, Engineers, through to management and Customers.
- Projects within the Materials and Process team currently include Biomass, FORUM, ExoMars Rover, Eurostar Neo, OneSat.
What We Look For
To be a successful applicant to the Airbus Global Graduate Programme, you will need to demonstrate;
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent within a relevant field of study
- Maximum of three years relevant work experience
- Strong verbal and written communication in our business language (English)
- A desire to work in a collaborative team environment, focused on driving future innovation
- The ability to be self aware and a wish to be in the driving seat of your development.
What you will need to apply
Materials Science and Engineering or Physics
Specific Experience Or Interests
Industrial experience is preferred, an interest in space is desirable.
Please ensure that a cover letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
Please note, we love your interest in working for Airbus but we do ask that you make only one application to the Airbus Global Graduate Programme. We encourage you to take time to decide which of our exciting opportunities is right for you and then submit an application that best represents you, your skills and experience in connection with the role you have selected.
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments for the selection process – you can share this with the Recruitment Business Partner who gets in touch if you are invited to interview. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; auxiliary aids; room layout etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The Job Posting will be open until the 18th of October 2022. Please note that depending on the number of applicants the posting can be taken offline earlier or be kept open longer. If you are interested we would advise you to apply as soon as possible.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
AIRBUS Defence and Space Limited
Graduate Programme (UK)
Entry Level / Débutant / Anfänger / Recién titulado
Materials & Processes
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Airbus is, and always has been, committed to equal opportunities for all. As such, we will never ask for any type of monetary exchange in the frame of a recruitment process. Any impersonation of Airbus to do so should be reported to [email protected]
At Airbus, we support you to work, connect and collaborate more easily and flexibly. Wherever possible, we foster flexible working arrangements to stimulate innovative thinking.