This Job Listing is about Airbus in GreaterBristolArea,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
When you begin your career with us, we accelerate your networks, locally and internationally, and gain a unique perspective on the world of Airbus. You are part of a global community, so we bring you together once a year for a global graduate conference where you meet your peers, hear from our leaders and learn from the best.
Every year we look for university graduates from around the world to join Airbus. We need people with the aspiration, enthusiasm and the talent to help us move forward and to change the world and your development through our Airbus Global Graduate Experience. You are part of a 2 year programme where you develop your professional skills, but deliver our vision to pioneer sustainable aerospace for a safe and united world.
We are hiring the graduates we need to fill the critical roles for our future. By the end of the programme, our aim is that you are ready to progress, having already demonstrated your value. You will have developed your skills in an area that is strategically important for Airbus, you will know about the Airbus business, the opportunities, challenges and needs, and you will have learned more about yourself, and what makes you great. Above all you will have the opportunity to do your best work in an industry that is literally reshaping how we live in our world.
If you are ready to join and be part of this journey please apply below.
What You Will Be Doing
You will be on a development pathway to prepare you to be a Graduate Future Projects Office and can expect to be involved in the following;
The Airbus UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master both managerial and technical skills. For this role you will be assigned to the Future Projects department as your target department. The Future Projects Office is responsible for the preliminary design of all new or upgraded Airbus aircraft; everything from maintaining the competitiveness of our current product line right through to finding sustainable solutions to the energy, environmental and capacity challenges of the future.
Over the 2 years and 4 months period the Graduate scheme combines rotational placements and training with opportunities of transnational working and the possibility of customer placements as well as further personal development opportunities and the chance to build your professional network. This ensures an excellent development in the first stages of your career and provides the best possible ground for your next step following the conclusion of the programme.
We, the Airbus Commercial Future Projects Office, achieve our goals through exploring and challenging the design space of the future commercial aviation. We integrate technical and business drivers whilst working daily with teams based in the UK, France, Germany and Spain.
As an innovative and inclusive team we value and encourage different ways of thinking and working to get the best technical solution. Our team members are trusted and empowered to solve the challenges the business sets us.
What You Will Be Doing
- Your initial placement will be undertaken within your target department of Future Projects, working within either the Wing & Landing Gear Team or the Overall Aircraft Design Team.
- You will work on the early design stages of projects and cover a number of disciplines including geometrical definition, high and low speed aerodynamics, performance, weight estimation, operability and cost in order to deliver an optimised integrated solution for either wing or complete aircraft problems. To achieve this you will need to work with the rest of the Future Projects team, other engineering teams, marketing and strategy so communication skills will also be key.
- Following on from your initial placement within your target department you will then have the opportunity to shape your development on the scheme by undertaking various three month placements across the business and possibly outside Airbus. There is also additional technical and soft skills training, and opportunities to work on Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) projects aimed at inspiring the engineers of the future.
What You Will Need To Apply
To be a successful applicant to the Airbus Global Graduate Programme, you will need to demonstrate;
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent within a relevant field of study
- Maximum of three years relevant work experience
- Strong verbal and written communication in our business language (English)
- A desire to work in a collaborative team environment, focused on driving future innovation
- The ability to be self aware and a wish to be in the driving seat of your development.
Degree type: Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering
Specific Experience Or Interests
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English, coupled with good IT skills
- Creativity and an open mind-set with a desire to explore and learn
- A keen interest in the aviation industry
- Motivation with the ability to manage own activities and work with a multi-skilled, transnational team
Please note, we love your interest in working for Airbus but we do ask that you make only one application. We encourage you to take time to decide which of our exciting opportunities is right for you and then submit an application that best represents you, your skills and experience in connection with the role you have selected.
Please ensure that a cover letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments for the selection process – you can share this with the Recruitment Business Partner who gets in touch if you are invited to interview. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; auxiliary aids; room layout etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Airbus Operations Limited
Permanent Contract / CDI / Unbefristet / Contrato indefinido
Entry Level / Débutant / Anfänger / Recién titulado
Chief Engineering & Architecture
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Airbus is, and always has been, committed to equal opportunities for all. As such, we will never ask for any type of monetary exchange in the frame of a recruitment process. Any impersonation of Airbus to do so should be reported to [email protected]
At Airbus, we support you to work, connect and collaborate more easily and flexibly. Wherever possible, we foster flexible working arrangements to stimulate innovative thinking.