This listing is about Agoda in London, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
In the age of technology, things are constantly changing. The travel market is much the same, being more dynamic and complex than ever. Agoda’s Legal team is well suited to take on the challenges presented, adopting a proactive mindset to tackle challenges and solve problems. We are quick on our feet, decisive, and collaborate with multiple departments. We hire out-of-the-box thinkers that are well grounded with ethics and legal knowledge to ensure that Agoda achieves the right results, the right way.
Part of a newly formed global team, based in Agoda’s Bangkok office and contributing to all of the Booking Holdings companies – you will be expected to provide support and act as an advisor on privacy matters to all the major Booking Holdings companies (including Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Kayak, OpenTable, and others) while gaining a deep understanding of Booking Holdings’ privacy departments, as well as the business, products and systems. By nature, you must be curious, collaborative and persuasive enabling you to provide proactive, practical and clear legal advice in a fast-paced environment ensuring that Booking Holdings companies and their initiatives are legally compliant and sustainable from a privacy perspective.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Conduct legal research and formulate opinions on data privacy and cybersecurity matters from a global perspective and with a focus on GDPR, as well as Singapore PDPA, CCPA and other data protection laws and regulations
- Advise Booking Holdings Privacy teams across a number of data privacy and other relevant laws, including related to marketing, e-privacy, consumer protection and maintain a regulatory monitoring log
- Support the Data privacy departments of Booking Holdings companies by:
- Effectively contributing to their privacy program as required by each BH company
- Creating and maintaining a knowledge management and template repository
- Assisting with PIAs, LIAs and Privacy by Design assessments
- Administering a privacy inbox and resolving ad-hoc privacy queries
- Support Booking Holdings privacy projects and KPIs such as: data sharing initiatives, new regulation impact review and implementation, incident management, data privacy impact assessments for new processing activities, and others
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Degree in law, licensed to practice
- 3-6 years of legal/privacy experience both in a law firm and in-house, the latter preferred for this role
- Experience in, and a strong passion for technology, big data, data governance and data privacy, preferably having experience in a tech company
- Good knowledge of data privacy and cybersecurity laws in EU, as well as APAC and US ideally
- Ability to work independently from intake through execution
It’s Great if you have:
- A data privacy qualification, CIPP or equivalent or at least willing to obtain one shortly after joining the company
- Prefer practicality over theory, and be persuasive
- Adaptive to change and enthusiastic approach to challenges in a diverse environment
- Experience with contract reviews and counseling Product, IT, Marketing and Design teams would constitute a plus
LI-SS2 #LGL #3 #manila #seattle #singapore #amsterdam #seoul #taipei #dublin #washingtondc #shanghai #newyorkcity #london #sanfrancisco #munich #chicago #tokyo #boston #hongkong #kualalumpur # brussels #paris #frankfurt #sydney #melbourne #perth #beijing #paris #zurich #geneva #wroclaw #taipei
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com