This listing is about Accor in London, England, United Kingdom
About the job
We are worldwide Augmented Hospitality leaders, the best at what we do. Heartists is what we call ourselves, generous, passionate, attentive and free, whether we are welcoming guests, connecting with our peers or serving others.
Our entire Accor estate expands across the world. With over 300,000 experts committed to rejuvenating the hospitality experience we pride ourselves in being the employer of choice, so live limitlessly, come as you are, grow with us, work with purpose and explore the endless opportunities in store.
Join us in our Revenue Team as Director of Revenue Management Luxury Northern Europe and be a part of the best. This is a great opportunity and one that will surely add some summer sunshine to your next career move!
In summary, you will operate within the framework of global and regional Revenue Management policies to coordinate and ensure the Commercial, Revenue Management strategies and tools for our luxury properties are all place in order to optimise the overall turnover of our hotels and increase their market share.
Still interested? Here are some additional details about the role:
Implement RM methods in Luxury hotels in order to maximize turnover in alignment with hotel marketing, sales strategies and customer needs.
- To be the first point of contact for all hotel owners/partners/Senior leadership for any RM related questions, negotiations and to be responsible for maintaining business relationships.
- Influencing and coaching all property based and centrally based Revenue Managers and
Commercial Strategy committees.
- Responsible for having all the Revenue Management processes in place within your perimeter.
- Monitor the effectiveness and performance of the commercial actions and RM strategies deployed at property level.
- Responsible for helping the hotels to reach and beat their operational turnover budget and market share target.
- Support the Hotel in the creation of the hotel’s strategy (with proper analysis) and ensures it works effectively with the implemented revenue management system.
- Create, encourage and develop a Revenue Management culture for Luxury properties
Within your perimeter, making sure Accor Luxury RM guidelines, distribution and integrity are always at the centre.
- Develop and nurture RM talents and succession pipeline.
- Responsible for maintaining good relationships with the hotel partner, the addition of new properties and the sale of add-ons services.
Your profile? A strong communicator with exemplary leadership qualities and a solid background in Revenue Management. You will be analytically driven, customer centric with a sound understanding of Revenue Management and Microsoft Office systems.
To acknowledge your hard work, loyalty and commitment to us, we offer an extensive benefits package; competitive salary, bonus, season ticket loans, subsidised gym membership, private medical healthcare, pension, and of course complimentary hotel stays (to name a few).
Your Accor experience begins now, so if you are entrepreneurial, a great multi tasker, eager to learn and an all-round superstar then we want to hear from you!
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com