Website ACCA Careers
This listing is about ACCA Careers in Guildford, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
BDO LLP is an accountancy and business advisory firm, we provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
We share our clients’ ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. We have the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
We’ll broaden your horizons
The Business Services and Outsourcing team are essential to meeting our clients’ evolving requirements. As well as delivering long-term, sustainable value to businesses by providing a range of solutions such as accounting, payroll and compliance services, they also play a key role in tying together many of our services across BDO both domestically and internationally. By building deep and meaningful relationships with a range of clients from ambitious entrepreneurial SMEs to large multi-national groups, our BS&O team don’t just advise on their specific business challenges, they open doors for other teams to provide our firm’s wider service offering. To succeed in this agile environment, you’ll need to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills and initiative. In return, you’ll have the opportunity for progression, and the chance to develop in one of the industry’s most exciting and varied roles.
Based in our Guildford office, you will be responsible for providing leadership to the team, developing and managing a portfolio of clients and supporting and working alongside the Partner to help develop the team. This includes planning, monitoring, reviewing work of junior members and taking responsibility for business development and marketing initiatives.
We’ll help you succeed
- Has developed a clear area of specialism in outsourcing services with understanding of the local market
- Use knowledge and understanding of the client, business drivers, and technology to help design custom or complex management reports and complex KPI dashboards
- Act as project director on larger clients, and overall responsibility for the job, with Partner retaining relationship responsibilities only
- Apply accounting standards to argue accounting treatment for complex or contentious areas, and know when to bring in experts
- Serve as a resource for the team, having developed an in-depth knowledge and understanding of finance accounting functions
- Maintains and shares sector knowledge with others to ensure the wider team are up to date with developments.
- Uses their broad financial, accounting, business and industry knowledge to educate clients on how their finance and accounting needs will evolve as their business grows; helps clients identify what is next and persuades the client to value those unperceived needs; identifies what needs are critical verse what are not and looks at the business of the client holistically.
- Ensure all work is following the correct technical approach
- Identify and resolve all compliance issues that may arise
- Can diagnose the relationships and political structures of their clients to appropriately navigate through these complexities; quickly and accurately able to assess people’s different perspectives.
- Reviews and approves compliance work prepared by the team and deals with any issues arising.
- Articulates issues and engages with clients to ensure all exposures and risks are managed and mitigated.
- Identifies circumstances and engages with other streams to resolve accounting and tax issues.
- Keep up to date with market trends and can engage with senior business leaders on a wide range of topics.
- Use knowledge of finance and accounting functions as well as common best practice to advise clients on their overall financial ecosystem and propose solutions to complex issues
- Recognise significant corporate governance issues in the clients business, and escalate these as appropriate
- Ensure adherence to the stream specific and firm wide policies and procedures
- Maintain the appropriate team structure through promotion and recruitment
- Deliver ad hoc projects as required within the department
- Develop, execute and manage the marketing and business development strategy for own and wider portfolios, working with the partner to realise these
- Develops plans and forecasts for the area of the practice they are responsible for; manages the full lifecycle of practice management from budgeting through to collections.
- Contribute to the economic management of the department in matters such as budgeting and monitoring and managing to key metrics
- Ensures that cloud accounting software and add-ons are being used to the maximum effect across their outsourcing portfolio.
- Open to new solutions and ideas to improve the profitability of engagement and actively seeks to implement these
- Educate clients with new ideas minimalising the perception of buyers risk, differentiating our services, demonstrating our experience, building trust and confidence
- Seek to be a step ahead of the client and anticipate their future needs in a way that will make a significant commercial difference
- Design integrated solutions for clients and targets that respond to the identified situation including services from outside BSO
- Effectively use questions to identify what clients objectives are, what financial information they value for management/decision making and why. Look for root causes and understand the complexity behind the data
- Regularly review project plans and work schedules to ensure they are meeting the requirements of clients or internal teams. Resolves workflow and capacity issues which are escalated to them.
- Motivate and develop team members’ career and knowledge, ensuring they fully understand their roles and any developments that affect them
- Continuously monitor staff performance, identifying issues, causes for concern and development opportunities, and taking appropriate action when necessary
- Ensure continuing professional development is up to date at all times
- Demonstrate the drive, energy and leadership to make exceptional service a reality
- Regularly introduces new opportunities to the firm and stream to achieve new win targets
- In depth knowledge of the firm’s services and converses confidently about the firm to external contacts, building and developing robust relationships within the industry sector
- Prepare requisitions for new roles and be responsible for preparation of business plans to support recruitment
Experience And Professional Qualifications
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or equivalent) or equivalent and extensive experience with compilation assignments ideally as signatory
- Excellent UK GAAP and or IFRS knowledge
- Relevant experience of managing a team is essential
- Proven experience in managing a wide portfolio of concurrent projects and project teams in a project management framework
- Full knowledge of compliance and take on procedures
- In depth knowledge of financial reporting and accounting functions
- Excellent understanding of ecosystem of cloud accounting software and ad-ons and can articulate the purpose and value of appropriate systems to clients
- Excellent understanding of the rules and regulations of doing business in the UK
- Influence through understanding others and meeting their needs
- Able to lead by example and provide a figurehead for the group
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to deal with a wide mix of people, both internally and externally
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and research skills
- Sets realistic but stretching performance targets for self and others
- Knows own strengths and limitations
- Undertakes difficult conversations when necessary
- Embraces change with an adaptable and flexible working attitude
- Able to think outside the box and bring prior experience to pragmatically provide solutions for clients.
We’re in it together
As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review renumeration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance.
- 28 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
Through Flexcel, They Can
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them.
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
Agile working at BDO (Workable)
- WORKABLE is our approach to making working at BDO work for everyone. It’s a framework – including policies, guidance, tools, resources, and support – that offers flexibility and choice around how, when and where we do our work. WORKABLE gives BDO people the freedom they need to be able to work at their best. Because sometimes, the hub is the best environment to get things done, and sometimes we’re more productive working from home: WORKABLE gives us that choice.
- We aim to offer you more choice and flexibility to plan around work and life, which can lead to improved wellbeing, access to more diverse projects and learning opportunities and increased job satisfaction.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Company: ACCA Careers
Job Location: Guildford, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org